ALMOND & BERRY SMOOTHIE
As a menopause nutritionist I am always looking for quick and delicious ways for women to get plenty of calcium, soluble fibre and plant oestrogens into their diets. This recipe is one result!
- 250g (half a pot) Alpro Simply Plain soya yoghurt
- 200mls Alpro wholebean soya milk unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons Biona raw virgin coconut oil
- 80g berries (fresh or frozen)
Simply blitz all the ingredients in a Nutri Bullet or similar processor, until smooth – approx 15 seconds (it should be smooth but blended for the shortest time possible in order to avoid heat build up).
- Swap the ground almonds for 2 tablespoons milled flaxseeds. Flaxseeds contain fibre and plant oestrogens
- Choose your soya milk carefully i.e. it should be say that it is made from whole beans otherwise it may be highly processed. Whole soya is healthy whereas processed soya isn’t
- Swap the soya milk for any plant based milk or yoghurt, such as oat, coconut or almond
- Ground almonds are high in calcium, good for bone health
- Look for added calcium on the labels of your chosen plant milk or plant yoghurt
- For extra indulgence add a dollop of coconut cream!